Wolves of the Sunset
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Chatbox
Staff

✯Admin✯
This Dork

The Den Site

+4
Mythra
Spot
Catori
Kaito
8 posters

Go down

The Den Site  Empty The Den Site

Post by Kaito Fri May 20, 2016 6:36 am

The Den Site  Image10
Located to the north of the plain, the thick, wooded area houses our dens. With little threat of danger, it's a good place to relax or spend one's free time.
____
Prey: Small game, such as hares, but not much bigger.
Predators: None
Kaito
Kaito
Admin

https://sunsetwolfpack.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Den Site  Empty Re: The Den Site

Post by Kaito Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:18 am

Kaito gave a long yawn as he emerged from his den, trying to cast the haze of sleep from his mind. He strode out into the den clearing, where the early morning sun was filtering in through the trees and bathing what it touched in golden light. The air was cool, and dew clung to the grass and to the fallen leaves scattered around. The alpha knew the dew would be gone shortly, once the sun has risen higher in the sky, and it seemed as if the day was going to be a good one. With a content sigh and a shake of his pelt. Kaito looked about the clearing to see if any others had also roused. He had always been a bit of an early riser, but he did not think his waking time was too outlandish. "At least the sun is up." He joked to himself, thinking back to how his sister would rise when the sky was still dark.

While awaiting the rest of his pack, Kaito stretched out his limbs before settling down on the ground and getting comfortable. The dew dampened his belly, but not enough so that it chilled him. He rested his head on his paws and occupied himself with watching the tree branches sway in the slight breeze that ran through the area.
___
Mentioned/Addressed: N/A
Notes: Let's get this thing started!
Kaito
Kaito
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catori Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:18 pm

The lethal huntress awoke to the warm, radiant sun shining in her den. Having a den all to herself meant that the slender female had all the room she could ask for. Rising from her nest made of dried leaves and grass, Catori reached out with her forelimbs in a stretch, before proceeding to shake out any debris from her multi-colored pelt.

Briskly trotting out of her den, Catori headed towards the den clearing, and quickly noticed her superior, Kaito. Knowing that the golden-eyed male was also an early riser, just like herself, Catori approached Kaito, a polite smile forming on her maw.

"Good morning, Kaito." She curtily greeted.

Lowering her haunches at a respectable distance from her leader, Catori surveyed her surroundings, waiting for the rest of the pack to come to the clearing.

Addressed: Kaito
Mentioned: The entire pack
Notes: First post for Catori!

Catori
Catori

Back to top Go down

Post by Spot Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Woken by the stirring of his pack mates, Spot lifted a lazy head in acknowledgment of the wolves conversing in the clearing. He moved from the small tree he was lounging under further to the outskirts of the clearing, pretending to be busy. He remained within earshot of the other wolves, liking the company but avoiding contact. He studied a rock closely and named it Carlos.

After several minutes of intensive study however, Spot was bored of the rock. Even if it had a name, it was still just a rock after all. So he inched towards the other wolves careful to not seem to intent or eager for their company. “If a tree falls and nobody’s around to hear it, does it make a sound?” He wondered out loud staring at no one. He didn’t know much about these wolves but personally he liked to start out the day with a little philosophy. He then acknowledged both the wolves by rank, (first Kaito then Cat) and added “I mean isn’t sound a perception of your surroundings the same way that religion and beauty is a controversial interpretation of your own set of values and beliefs?” He prompted encouragingly, scrunching his face and flaring his nostrils periodically as he spoke.

He hoped that having contributed this little piece of wisdom to the conversation, that he would be allowed to step back form a speaking role and allow the others to take the lead for at least a day and maybe more. He snorted, unnerved and sat. He studied the rocks close by, careful to avoid eye contact.
Spot
Spot

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythra Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:25 pm

The gentle thrum of a swallow's wings fluttering above her stirred her from her slumber -- the young bird was clumsy and lacked elegance in its movements, which proved its youth and inexperience. From her partially woken state, Mythra's ears picked up on the hum of conversation just beyond the comforts of her secluded sleeping area. She groaned inwardly, forcing herself to open her eyes. The motion made her grimace as the sun's rays trickled through the dense foliage that sheltered her little nest, shining directly into her sleep-soft eyes. After a moment of uncomfortable brightness, her eyes adjusted and she began to force her body to move. The young she-wolf's legs were stiff and slightly tingly, but the sensation passed quickly as Mythra made her way out of her sleeping area.

The sun was brighter beyond the bushes that shielded her resting place. The warm rays trickled through the canopy above and spotted the earth with beautiful golden shapes. Near the center of the den site were her packmates; they were small in numbers, and she only had the pleasure of knowing three other wolves of like mind. A babble of words tumbled from Spot's mouth -- his speech seemed to waterfall from his lips unbidden, and Mythra only caught on to the last bit of his question. "...isn’t sound a perception of your surroundings the same way that religion and beauty is a controversial interpretation of your own set of values and beliefs?" The she-wolf shrugged her shoulders at this as she made her way closer to the group, then settled down onto her haunches and gave a satisfied sigh.

"I think sound is more than just perception, but I'm unsure of how to explain it," she said, a bit hesistant in her tone. "It's an interesting thought to start the morning, but too thought provoking for my tastes. It's far too early to think coherently-- for me at least." She laughed, embarrassed at her own admission, but genuine in her statement.
Mythra
Mythra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Hearing her greeting, Kaito turned his head to the approaching Catori. "Good morning." He echoed back cheerfully, before his attention was drawn by Spot speaking from across the clearing. He hadn't noticed his up earlier, though that was most likely due to his own lack of perception. With a curious expression, the Alpha listened to the Guard's peculiar musings. Spot was a rather introverted wolf, and Kaito had learned that such beings tended to speak thoughtfully, so he paid close attention.

He thought on Spot's words for a moment. He supposed they made sense, though Kaito had to wonder in what situations would there be no one around the hear a tree fall? Forests were full of life, both small and large. It'd be pretty impossible to find a place without anything living there. And why would the presence of an uninvolved creature decide whether or not a falling tree made a sound? Would the tree make a sound solely because it had an audience? Goodness, it was too early for this sort of deep thinking, how could Spot do it?

Before he could offer his own thoughts, Mythra joined them, speaking up as she sat down. At her words, Kaito couldn't help but chuckle.
"I will have to concur with Mythra." He said, "Even if I am an early riser, I don't think I'm ready yet to think about such serious things." With another slight laugh, the Alpha continued, "I'm taking Spot's philosophical mood as an indication that he slept well, so how about you two?" His gaze went to the pair of hunters in turn, awaiting their reply.
___
Addressed: Catori, Spot, Mythra
Notes: I apologize most profusely for my inactivity! Sorry about that guys!
Kaito
Kaito
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythra Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:59 am

Mythra still felt sleep tugging at her eyes; she'd thought that she'd readily woken herself, but it seemed that her fatigue still lingered. A yawn pulled at her lips, and the she-wolf obliged to the sensation, allowing her mouth fall open and her tongue to curl. A soft grunt followed, and she smacked her lips out of habit before quelling the action -- she knew that the sound would likely irritated those who despised the noise, and she didn't want to rile tempers at such a delicate time. After all, mornings are not everyones favorites, and one's patience is often tested during the earlier hours of the day.

The young she-wolf's head cocked slightly when Kaito addressed she and Catori, and a firm smile plastered itself onto her face. Mythra glanced at the other hunter to be sure that she would not interrupt her, then took the chance to speak first. "I slept wonderfully, thank you for asking," she said, a cheerful thrum in her voice. "It was probably the best sleep that I've gotten in a while." She took a breath to continue in her banter, wanting to detail the cocktail of strange dreams she imagined while she slept, but she bit her tongue. Such trivial and juvenile things were likely to go unappreciated, and she didn't want to burden those present with her rather... exuberant imagination.

Instead, she awkwardly held her breath for a moment before letting it out by puffing it through her nose. An inelegant smile drew upon her features as she tried to take the attention away from her fumbling gesture, and Mythra desperately turned to Catori so that she could fill the silence that followed.
Mythra
Mythra

Back to top Go down

Post by WillowWolf Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:03 am

~Willow~

Snapping back to her surroundings, Willow noticed they were nearing the den and she scented the air, the smell of her pack was strong, giving away that they we're very close by. "We're almost at the den," she called over her shoulder with serious eyes, it was time to see what would happen to them.

She trotted along for a few more feet before turning to face the strange wolves, "Just between you and me," she started a little shyly, "I hope you get to join the pack."

Then, without waiting for answer, she pushed into the clearing where he pack was just waking up. "Kaito! I found some strangers near the edge of our terriory!" She claimed before scampering over to her Alpha, skidding to a halt in excitement, "I found them a little after the tree line and brought them back as my prisoners so you could decide what to do with them." She gushed, eyes bright and asking for his approval, "Are you pleased?"
WillowWolf
WillowWolf

http://indelible-mayhem.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:59 am

Chronos
Failure Isn't an Option

Chron looked at Haz as he sped up to walk beside him. An almost brotherly bond was present between the two and Haz’s actions really proved so, with a playful nudge Chron moved closer to Haz gently hitting his shoulder against his and then creating space again as he looked at Haz in the corner of his scarred eye.
Smirking slightly he returned his gaze back ahead as the she-wolf stated that they were almost at the den. This was an exciting moment for Chron, it had been so long since he had actually been so close to the pack’s den. It brought back bitter memories, and because of that he dared not show his excitement. His ears almost fell and the tip of his tail flicking around from the anger of his nervousness.
Chron looked at the small wolf as she energetically introduced us to her what he guessed was the Alpha named Kaito. Although “Some stangers near the edge of our territory” wasn't a proper introduction he was very curious to see what the Alpha would do, would he put up a fight and exile them? Or kindly offer them a place in the pack? Looking around, they weren’t the largest pack, seemed like they could use a few members.
Chron stood up tall as he could sense that the only thing the pup wanted was to please Kaito. He remembered that feeling of always wanting to please the others in his pack, but it seems to really be working for her. Catching three large wolves? If I was the Alpha I would have already made her the leading guard. The brute shook away the thought and dipped his head in respect to the Alpha.
“Greeting sir, we sure don’t mean any harm to your pack or your territory, we just happened to be passing by. Until your brave little solider caught us.” He glanced down at the little she-wolf and then back up at the Alpha. Although he was trying to be as respectful as possible to Kaito, he still didn’t let his guard down, still tense and still alert.

Notes: Really starting to like the bond that Haz and Chron are having Smile
Addressed: @Kaito @Hazzaro, kind of
Mentioned: @WillowWolf @Hazzaro @Kaito @Nehemia
made by jellyfish princess @ adoxography
Chronos
Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazzaro Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Hazzaro

Haz kept his pace even with Chron's as the young wolf led them further into her territory. Feeling the nudge from the larger male, Haz met his gaze and returned the gesture with a small smile, despite his apprehension. Being so close, he could see his walking partner's muscle seem to be a bit tense, and it was oddly comforting that they seemed to be on the same page. Perhaps if this whole pack thing, Haz would stick around with Chronos for a while if the other male didn't mind. They seemed to settle into each other's company well, and Haz figured they could almost pass as siblings, with their dark colorings and natural brotherly bond of sorts.

Haz was ripped out of his thoughts as the group came to a stop in what he assumed to be the den. He listened intently and couldn't help but smile at the pup's enthusiasm. While she explained everything and Chronos put in his piece, the smaller male took a moment to glance around. The pack seemed a bit small, but they had a good, large territory so they obviously could hold their own. He wondered if perhaps they had more members in other areas of their land, but opting for optimism, Haz hoped maybe they could use a boost in numbers and would consider letting the trio of oddballs join them. Packs meant security, and that was something Hazzaro had been craving as of late.

Hearing Chron call the pup a brave little soldier brought an amused smirk to Haz's lips, and he then decided it was a good time to introduce himself as well. "Hello, sir. I'm Hazzaro," he followed after Chronos, giving a nod to the authority figure and keeping his posture as neutral as possible. Haz silently appreciated Chron's formality in handling the whole situation. As a stickler for manners and politeness, it made his job a hell of a lot easier. Plus, when he was the one who had to do the explaining, he tended to ramble, so letting someone else take care of it was soothing to his nerves, though silently he wondered what Nehemia and Chronos were thinking. Keeping still, Haz just waited for the alpha's response and kept his eye moving, basking in the bizarre nature of everything that has been happening.

---
Addressed: @Kaito
Mentioned: @Kaito @WillowWolf @Chronos @Nehemia
Notes: This sucked and was all over the place... my bad

Last edited by Hazzaro on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hazzaro
Hazzaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehemia Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:47 pm

Nehemia padded after the others into the den site, her body now practically vibrating with energy and excitement. There was underlying nervousness there, too; a slight pang of fear that she and her new companions wouldn't be well received by the pack. She had practically threatened the young she-wolf, after all. Even so, Nehemia kept her hopes up. She wouldn't let apprehension ruin the moment.

As the young she-wolf strode ahead of them and announced them to their alpha, Kaito, Nehemia let her eyes sweep around the clearing. There were two other she wolves, one wispy and thin, the other lean and strong. There was also a brown male conversing with the she wolves. They all looked lean, strong, and incredibly capable of chasing her and her companions out if they came down to it. Nehemia's anxiety grew slightly, and she shuffled closer to Chronos and Haz. She had no doubts with it came to her own fighting prowess, but the thought of having to flee made her stomach turn.

Don't think like that, Nehemia. There's no reason to be afraid of these guys! Her internal voice cheered her on, and Nehemia turned her gaze to Kaito as Chronos addressed him. Her companions voice was polite and courteous; Nehemia watched Kaito's face closely. He had the stature of an alpha, confident and sure, but also looked kind and receiving. Nehemia took this as encouragement. Taking a deep breath, trying to keep her excitement in check, she stepped forward alongside Chronos. "Little soldier, indeed. We were practically shaking in our skins. I'm Nehemia."
Nehemia
Nehemia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:26 pm

The look on Kaito's features was somewhere between shock and horror as Willow came bounding into the den area proclaiming she had found wolves near the border. A myriad of questions ran through his head. How had he not noticed Willow leaving the den? Had she left before he and the others had awoken? And how had she gotten to the borders? And taken prisoners? Did this make him look like a bad alpha, just letting the youngest of the pack go out on her own?

Taking a deep breath, Kaito prepared to face whoever Willow had eagerly brought to him. He smoothed out his expression so he looked less stunned and more collected like an alpha should.

He rose, standing tall and confident as the newcomers entered the clearing not long after Willow. He looked the trio over quickly, eyes searching for any signs of hostility and finding none. Rather, they were calm and composed, but even with this observation Kaito did not relax. Either these wolves accompanying Willow were very good sports or very devious rogues. She had lead them right into the heart of the territory, where the majority of the pack was concentrated. For everyone's sake, he hoped they were just in search of a pack.

Thankfully, as each of the wolves addressed him, they seemed to be the honest sort (though been called 'sir' was new). There were a pair of dark pelted males, and a light brown female. Two gave their names; one of the males, Hazzaro, and the female, Nehemia. Kaito couldn't blame the other male for not introducing himself. After all, he was facing a group of potentially dangerous wolves; suspicion was to be expected. The way they addressed Willow as "little solider" put Kaito more at ease, and he, forever the optimist, let his stern expression shift into a more relaxed one.

A smile slipped onto his face as he looked down at the Youngling, who was still awaiting his response.
"I'm very pleased, Willow, it must have taken a good deal of bravery to face a group of loners on your own. However, we will have to speak on your habit of running off without supervision." His gaze shifted up to the three newcomers, the smile extended to each of them, "I hope my future guard wasn't too harsh on you all; she can be quite the strict captor. I am Kaito, the alpha of this pack, and the territory you stand in is that of the Wolves of the Sunset."

Taking a few steps forwards, he continued, "I'd like to offer my greetings to all of you, so long as your intentions are peaceful; you are welcome in these lands. Now, are you just passing through, or perhaps looking for a more permanent residence?" Kaito raised his brows in questioning. Maybe he was a little quick to invite them to join, but Kaito doubted he could ever stay suspicious of another for very long. Besides, the pack had plenty of room to grow, a few new faces would be wonderful additions.

___
Addressed: @WillowWolf, @Chronos, @Hazzaro, @Nehemia
Mentioned: The rest of the pack (sorta)
Notes: Get your behinds into this pack.
Kaito
Kaito
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nehemia Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:43 pm

Nehemia's apprehension melted away the moment the alpha male turned to face them. He didn't look angry, threatening, or even weary- just curious and receiving. As he praised the young wolf - Willow - for bringing them all in, Nehemia felt a burst of amusement inside her. She wondered just how pleased the youth would be at the praise, and whether she could possibly puff up in satisfaction even more so than she already had.

Nehemia snapped her attention back to Kaito as he continued speaking. His face had relaxed slightly and his words were casual, conversational. Nehemia wondered if the pack dealt with strange wolves in their territory very often, or if Kaito just had a naturally warm demeanor. Either way, it delighted her that she and her companions were neither being talked down to nor faced with anger for trespassing. As Kaito introduced the pack as the Wolves of the Sunset, Nehemia once again felt her excitement mounting. When the alpha asked them if they were just travelers or looking to join, she could barely stop herself from leaping forward and embracing him.

"I can't speak for my companions," She began hurriedly, the words tumbling from her mouth with an eagerness Nehemia couldn't conceal. "But I'd be looking to join. Besides my dazzling personality, I think you'd find my talents as a Guard quite useful." As she spoke, she turned her head to look over at Chronos and Haz. Though they'd only met a short time ago, she'd already developed a sort of fondness for the pair of wolves. A part of her ached slightly at the idea of them only sticking around temporarily, but she held her tongue. It was their decision to make.

Turning back to Kaito, Nehemia waited for her companions answers and the alpha males response. She hadn't felt this excited, energetic or ultimately happy in months. Her paws kneaded the ground rapidly in impatience.
Nehemia
Nehemia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazzaro Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Hazzaro
Haz listened intently as the alpha spoke, keeping almost perfectly still while he addressed the trio. He could see why Kaito was the leader of the group, as he seemed to be a rather calm and collected individual. Haz knew if he himself was faced with a bunch of strangers romping through his territory, he would be a hot mess. The hint of an opening for permanent membership caught his attention, however, and Haz nearly fell over in his place. With perked ears and a slight look of interest, he looked at Nehemia curiously, studying her as she admitted to being interested in joining. He would never admit it, but the male was glad to see at least one of his companions sticking around, as he planned to do so as well. Nehemia seemed the type that Haz would grow to be fond of quickly, with her endless enthusiasm and energy that never failed to amuse the more closed-off male.

Following the words of a nearly explosive Nehemia, Haz turned his attention back to Kaito. "Thank you for the kind offer. A place to stay for the long run would be amazing, sir," he grinned politely, glancing over to see what Nehemia's reaction would be. After all, this could mean that they were pack-mates now. "And I too, would like to offer up my use as a Guard. I may not seem like much at the moment, but I assure you my training is still very much in tact," he said smoothly, hoping that maybe the alpha would then see the rough state of his appearance and perhaps offer some food. Haz knew he shouldn't be doing this, skirting around topics and making a habit of using his words to get what he wants without being direct, but in his old pack it was simply the way. He couldn't help it.

Haz also couldn't help but think of Chronos, and turned to the other male searching his face for any sign of what he planned to do. Haz even went as far as to give the other male a small pout and batted his eyes a bit, and though he was meaning it as a joke Hazzaro secretly hoped Chron would get the message that he was hoping Chronos would give similar answers to Nehemia and himself.

---
Addressed: @Kaito @Chronos sort of
Mentioned: @Kaito @Chronos @Nehemia
Notes:
Hazzaro
Hazzaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Chronos
Failure Isn't an Option

Chronos recognized the Alpha’s feelings towards the trio. Of course any Alpha would be as startled to see three large wolves entering their territory and standing right aside their den. However, Kaito seemed exquisitely calm and collected about the situation, assessing it well and as well, assessing the trio.
But an unexpected question or perhaps an offer really threw him off, he would never think that an Alpha could be so generous and trusting of unintentional trespassing canids. Chron almost shivered as the words came out of the Alpha’s mouth. “Or perhaps looking for more permanent residence?” The brute hadn’t been in a pack for the longest time and he had almost forgotten what pack life felt like. Was he ready for this commitment? Of course he was… but was he ready to possibly go through with his past one more time? Never… The brute didn’t move a muscle but his ears remained perked listening to the words of Nehemia and Haz.
Nehemia’s bold personality allowed her to speak exactly what was on her mind. She accepted the sort of offer to stay with the pack as Kaito welcomed them all. His tail flicked around in annoyance of his own frustration. But his attention quickly transitioned to Haz which also was planning on staying. His heart began to race, this was it. Are you gonna stay? Or are you gonna lose one of the closest canids you’ve known for a while? Chron never enjoyed being dependent on anyone, and he didn’t allow others to cloud his judgement. But this seemed almost more than just about himself, this was pack life. All a wolf lives for, and this was possibly his only opportunity.
Chronos glanced at Nehemia and Haz which had agreed to stay, as his undivided attention was on the two, the slight pout from Haz and his batting eyes made Chron’s expression soften up a little. He picked up the fact that Haz meant it as a joke, but he just shook it off and returned his attention back onto Kaito. “I appreciate your generosity and kind offer. I would also appreciate a place in the pack.” He stood up taller, looking as confident yet respectful as he could. “I assure you that you won’t be disappointed, sir.” But he’d dare not look at the other two canids. He wasn’t gonna get all soft about it, not now. But this was it, finally, a place where he has a chance to live a little alongside great pack mates.
Notes: This was so cheesy, oops.
Addressed: @Kaito @Hazzaro and @Nehemia sort of
Mentioned: @Kaito @Hazzaro @Nehemia and other pack members

Last edited by Chronos on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Chronos
Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mythra Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:06 pm

ooc ;; this post is a mess and i'm so sorry

The silence that grew in the wake of her awkward babble was uncomfortable, and Mythra had half a mind to dig herself a hole right there and bury herself in shame and embarrassment. In truth, she had never been this awkward before; why her mind decided this would be a great time to be so graceless was beyond her, but she had an idea that it was due to her sleep-soft state that she hadn’t yet shaken off.

The hunter was about to break the silence once more, until a sudden, thick scent of wolf and stranger flooded her senses. Her pupils constricted at the sudden onslaught of such a strong scent, then dilated — they blew wide, shrouding her emerald eyes in perfectly dark and circular cloud of black. The trampling of large paws drew her attention forward, and Mythra’s body thrummed with adrenaline and a bit of fear as the new, foreign scents drew nearer. Her apprehension faded when she realized it was just little Willow barreling her way through the underbrush, but then it suddenly exploded tenfold when Mythra realized that the young Apprentice had three adult wolves in tow.

“What,” she said dumbly, her voice a mere breath. She looked to Willow with an expression of surreal puzzlement, then to the wolves behind her as they filed into the den site. The hunter’s emerald gaze fell to Kaito, who’s poise seemed to not have been affected by the situation at hand. The alpha, after hearing the greetings from the newcomers, then responded in kind, offering the pack’s hospitality and more, should they want to take advantage of the opportunity. And, of course, like any sane wolf would do in a situation like this, they accepted the offer graciously and without pause.

The concept of greeting all of these new faces into the pack filled the hunter with a sense of joy; a fluttering feeling that fell deep in her belly and manifested into every limb of her body. She felt as if she were visibly shaking, and a smile drew over her lips so wide that it nearly reached her eyes. “Welcome to the pack,” she said, her voice a bit too loud and a little shaky. The hunter visibly winced at her graceless welcome. “Sorry, this is awkward — Well, not this,” Mythra gestured to the group clustered before her, then continued, “I mean me. This is just a lot to take in and I’m just… very, very happy. Is that weird to say?” The hunter cocked her head to the side, then gave a shrug — a developing habit of hers.

She gave a genuine smile then, and her tail thumped on the ground gently in a form of unbidden content. “Oh,” she said, laughing a bit at her rather scattered and informal introduction. “I forgot to mention that I’m Mythra. It’s a pleasure to meet all of you."
Mythra
Mythra

Back to top Go down

Post by WillowWolf Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:09 pm

~Willow~

As Willow's gaze shot between the wolves that she had caught, to Kaito, her ears flicked apprehensively. They each introduced themselves and she took note of their names, as well as their posture. Their stance was cool, collected and neutral and their little introductions were polite. When she was sure everything was okay and she hadn't made a mistake in bringing them here, she relaxed as much as her growing excitement let her.
"I'm very pleased, Willow, it must have taken a good deal of bravery to face a group of loners on your own. However, we will have to speak on your habit of running off without supervision."
The little wolf's eyes shone with pride at her Alpha's praise, but it was soon squashed at the gentle reprimand she also received. Her largish paws kneaded the ground as Willow bowed her head in shame laid thinly over elation (caused by the words "future guard"), with all the excitement of her recent escapade she had forgotten how she had snuck out at the crack of dawn. The idea was to slip back into the den just as everyone was stirring, so her recent mission to sate her need for adventure would remain a secret, but all inklings of her well thought of plan fled when she first caught the scent of her, hopefully, soon to be pack mates.

She reminded herself as Kaito was introducing himself that she would have to be more careful in the future.

Willow's dainty head soon snapped up when her captors were asked to join the pack she called home. She wasn't old enough to understand the politics of inviting strangers into the pack, and the risk that came with it, but she could still sense the smidge of apprehension that her Alpha seemed to have, and it made her happy how quickly he dismissed it. If he could trust the new members, then so could she. Plus if her new pack mates were seen to be good for the pack, it would reflect greatly on her for bringing them here. A win win!

Her tail swishing happily, she waited for politely for Mythra to finish her scattered intro before chiming in with a playful growl
"Yes! Welcome my captors! If you put one paw out of line I'll nip you!"
WillowWolf
WillowWolf

http://indelible-mayhem.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazzaro Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:36 pm

Hazzaro
He could feel his expression waver a bit when Chronos took a second to answer, as he really had his hopes set on all three of the newbies sticking together, but he could feel his grin return as the larger male accepted the offer after all. Haz tried to catch his eye, but instead ended up staring at the side of his face as Chron seemed set on not looking over at Nehemia and himself. There seemed to be a bit of tension still in his campanion's muscles, and Hazzaro had predicted it would go away once they were all safely accepted to the pack, but to his surprise it was still there. Haz wouldn't be asking about what the tension was there for any time soon, as he feared a heart to heart would commence and that was a big no no, but at the same time he hoped Chronos was fine.

Turning around, he bumped shoulders with Nehemia as a form of congratulations and pointed his smile in Kaito's direction, but before he could see anything he heard a new voice, one from a female of the pack he had not spotted before. She rambled a bit for a moment, and Haz could immediately relate, as he tended to talk a lot when he was surprised. After she announced her name, Haz nodded and gave her the same polite smile as always. "Nice to meet you, Miss Mythra. The pleasure is all mine," he introduced, about to add on more but once again Haz was beat to the punch by the small wolf who lead them to their new... home? Could he call it that yet?

The words she spoke brought a smaller, but considerably more genuine, smile to Haz's face. He removed his shoulder from Nehemia's and slowly walked over to sit near to the pup, ducking his head a bit as if she was the real authority here. "I promise my friends and I will be nothing but obedient, Miss..." he trailed off, just realizing that he had no idea what this little one's name is. "What is your name, love?" he pried, and was well aware of how fond he already sounded.

Haz had found out a lot about himself in these past few hours or so. Aspects of his personality that he was never allowed to explore previously were quickly coming to light. Like how he was quite the nervous wreck, or how he grew attached to strangers almost instantly, or how he adored pups. The way this young female seemed so full of hope, and so unashamedly herself was something Haz had to tell himself not to be jealous of. It would be interesting to see what other traits would come to light and surprise him as much as these did.

---
Addressed: @Mythra @WillowWolf @Nehemia in a sense
Mentioned: @Mythra @WillowWolf @Nehemia @Chronos @Kaito so like everyone rip
Notes: Haz is smitten with little Willow
Hazzaro
Hazzaro

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:21 pm

Kaito's smile only grew as he listened to the trio give their replies, and by the time they were all finished, he was absolutely beaming with delight. Three new wonderful members of the pack stood before him, all seemingly eager to call this territory home. Nehemia, who had spoken first, looked just as excited as he was, and he knew her enthusiasm would carry over well in the pack. Though, he might have to ensure she and Willow weren't left to their own devices together. Hazzaro was more formal in his reply, but a level-headed wolf was never a bad thing to have around. The pair offered their abilities as guards, to which he had no objections.

The alpha was a little worried when the third wolf began to speak, as he looked slightly unsure, but then he stood up tall and proud and two new members became three. And as Mythra and Willow chimed in with their greetings, he had no doubts that they would find a place with the pack.

Somewhere in his brain, the nagging thought of their sincerity lingered, but Kaito swore to see the best in them. He wasn't going to let suspicion sour his mind and make him paranoid. If these wolves were earnest, absolutely amazing. If not, the pack would have no issue chasing them off. Of course, Kaito prayed things would never come to that. He refused to believe these wolves were anything other than completely genuine.

Glancing back at the hunter, Kaito chuckled at Mythra's words. Her awkward greeting eased the air and Kaito didn't think there could have been a better way to earnestly welcome the three wolves into the pack. It was better than all that overly formal stuff, certainly. At Willow's feisty attitude, he couldn't help but laugh again. The Youngling was a treat to have around, she'd likely have no difficulty with befriending the trio and making them feel at home.

"I would like to welcome all three of you to the Wolves of the Sunset, your new home." Kaito said, turning back to the three. He focused his gaze on Nehemia and Hazzaro, adding, "And I would be honored to have you two as Guards for the pack. I'd suggest seeing the Youngling here if you need any training." He dipped his head in Willow's direction.

The official part of business concluded, Kaito watched as the new members began to acquaint themselves with the area, and hoped the rest of the pack would take the opportunity to introduce themselves as well. He grinned to see Hazzaro already bonding with Willow, and as the duo conversed, he made his way closer to the other male of the group.
"Now, I am pleased to have you in my pack, and I would like to welcome you by name, but I don't believe I caught it. You'll have to forgive my inattentiveness if I missed it; I got a little caught up in the moment." Kaito offered a slightly guilt shrug and awaited the male's reply. He would also have to see what sort of skills he possessed, to decide what rank would fit him best. But first, his name.
___
Addressed: @Nehemia, @Hazzaro, @Chronos
Mentioned: @WillowWolf @Mythra
Kaito
Kaito
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chronos Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:29 am

Chronos
Failure Isn't an Option

Chron smiled as this burden of lonliness was off his chest. Although, the very formal introductions and conversations were a tad bit dull, the brightness of another she-wolf caught his attention. Mythra was what she introduced herself as, her introduction wasn’t perfect but it was different from the rest and she stood out relative to the formal intros. He smiled slightly at hers and nodded slightly, “Pleasure is all mine.”
Them, the brute transitioned his attention onto the much smaller she-wolf, her bold personality always caught him off guard. Her “threat” brought a slight smile upon Chron’s visage, although he wasn’t at all fond of showing mercy to canids it almost seemed like pups or perhaps this smaller she-wolf were an exception- or possibly, weakness?
But Haz’s response made Chron chuckle slightly as he looked down at the she-wolf wondering what her name was as well.
As the Alpha welcomed the canids and introduced them to their new ranks, Chron was very eager to know his. He very much enjoyed fighting and protecting what or who he truly cares for. Although, he did prefer another rank, guard just didn’t really… do it for him anymore. Kaito’s attention then jumped onto Chron. “I believe that I haven’t mentioned it yet. My apologies, must have slipped out of my mind. My name’s Chronos.” He impatiently waited, curiously wondering what rank the Alpha would categorize him as. It would be different not being the guard of the pack, but perhaps something different is what he needed.
Notes: All over the place sorry.
Addressed: @Kaito @Mythra
Mentioned: @Kaito @Hazzaro @Mythra @WillowWolf
Chronos
Chronos

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaito Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:21 pm

"Chronos..." Kaito tested the name aloud, then nodded in approval. "Happy to have you with us, Chronos. Now, as for the matter of your rank," The alpha closely looked the male up and down, sizing him up. He was certainly on the larger side, which would benefit him well in the rank of a guard. But there were already two new guards in the pack, so it wouldn't be all that wise to add another one.

He didn't wish to insult the male, but he didn't think Chronos was too interested in being a healer, so the only rank really left was that of hunter. And certainly Chronos was well suited for the role. His strength coupled with Mythra's speed would make the pair a terrifying -and efficient- hunting machine.

Meeting his eyes again, Kaito continued,
"I think you would perform wonderfully as a hunter. How does that sound?" He hoped the male would be alright with the rank, as he'd realized that the pack was a little short on hunters. The whole pack could hunt, of course, but it was easier having a set of wolves who specialized in it. Chronos' addition would be a welcome one, and if needed, Mythra would likely be willing to show him around the territory and familiarize him with their prey.

Smiling to himself, Kaito thought idly about how well things had been going. This morning had definitely taken an interesting -though welcome- turn, and he was eager to see how these new wolves would shape the pack.
___
Addressed: @Chronos
Mentioned: @Mythra, @Hazzaro, @Nehemia
Kaito
Kaito
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down